Monday, April 14, 2014

ONLY GODZ RELATE 4/14/2014

This is FiascoTheGod and I am here to provide the latest Organized Threat scoop.

ONLY GODZ RELATE IS HERE!!!

Well...where do I start? I should start off by stating that I have listened to ONLY GODZ RELATE by VON POE VII/Poetic Death. Although I have done this, I only listened to each song once. For me to proceed by analyzing this album or letting you know my favorite tracks, would be disrespectful. You may think I am being lazy but, am I really? This guy just put in work for the past several months and you expect me to go in depth on a 30 track album? No. It's not going to happen. There are still a few things I would like to shed light on even though I won't be able to go in depth about them. Poetic Death is known to inject historical information in his poetry and indeed he does so in this album, it is very noticeable on the track Road To Kemet where he and the features on the track shed light on the history of Ancient Africans. Not only does VON POE VII aim to assists with bringing knowledge to the forefront of Hip-hop, but he also utilizes an element in Hip-hop that could be argued has been lost. That element is DJ'ing. DJ Starchild provided the cuts on ONLY GODZ RELATE. VON POE VII says that ONLY GODZ RELATE "marks the next chapter to the introduction of Goth Hop / Sludge Hop, a combination of morbid poetry mixed with a desire and strive for a higher level of consciousness and overstanding". ONLY GODZ RELATE indeed continues the "Goth Hop / Sludge Hop" that first began with VON POE VII. To pre-order a copy of ONLY GODZ RELATE and help contribute to the campaign, click here. To check out my exclusive interview with VON POE VII/ Poetic Death, which focuses on ONLY GODZ RELATE click here.

And There Goes The Surprise...Lol. Thanks Sev!

I was trying to keep the interview I set up with EmptySev, a secret from my Street Khemistry team. I was keeping it a secret just for the simple fact I wanted it to be a surprise. EmptySev ruined that with this tweet!! "Tried typing up answers for this interview w/ @StreetKhemistry on my phone and my hand got numb as fuck. Haha I'll do it on the PC tomorrow". The interview will focus on his upcoming album SEVENEMPTY and I know the questions that I composed will force EmptySev to provide new and intriguing information not only on the album, but on himself. The album is scheduled to be released on May 3rd.

Upcoming OGT Performances

Gavlyn will be performing at Velvet Jones in Barbara, CA on April 24th. Click here to view the flyer. Gavlyn will also be performing the next day, April 25th, at the Back Bar in San Jose, CA. Click here to view the flyer.

Rics Rumble and many other OGT members will perform at the 818 Basement on April 26th. The event is hosted by Organized Threat's own DJ Starchild. Click here to view the flyer and see what other OGT member will be performing.

And It Ends Like This...

There is your latest Organized Threat news! I was thinking about adding in a "Don't Fourget" or a "Random Organized Threat Tweet" (if you have read my previous blogs you'll know how those go) but, I decided to put as much attention on the historic release of ONLY GODZ RELATE. To show your support, leave a comment below that contains some of your favorite lines that can be heard on the album or tweet them to him @VonPoeVII. Once you have done so, you can consider me, FiascoTheGod, your savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment