Monday, April 21, 2014

Can You Handle The Knowledge?

It's been a week since VON POE VII released ONLY GODZ RELATE. Unsurprisingly people are still talking about it on social media, and I learn something new with each listen, whether that be a historical fact or a line I didn't previously catch.

In order to survive in the Hip-hop environment, you have to keep up with the current sound. And when an artist does this, it is very important the he or she does not compromise their lyrics and subject matter. Matching the current sound of Hip-hop is not something I would see Poetic Death worry about. And I am sure he didn't worry about it while creating this project because he has stated many times before that he creates music only for himself. If matching the current sound of Hip-hop was a concern to him, then cool, I don't blame him. But, I guess if he was concerned about  matching the current sound of Hip-hop that doesn't necessarily  mean that he didn't create that song for himself. And what is the current sound of Hip-hop? Dammit I just got a headache. I'll say that trap beats are one of the current sounds of Hip-hop. The whole point of this was for me to surface to attention the track Styles and Ranks on ONLY GODZ RELATE. The sound of this track as well as new flow from the God was definitely new to VON POE VII listeners. When I listened to it for the first, second, and beyond times, one thought came to my mind. If there is one track on this album that I would have to present to somebody to make them want to listen to more of him, it would be Styles And Ranks (if there two others it would have to be THE VILLAIN and The Reign of VII). Why would I have them listen to Styles And Ranks? Well there is just that thought in my head that having them listen to one of his more poetic, dark, and complex sounding sounds,  would be a fail to make them intrigued in more of his poetry/music. There has been a resurgence of demand from fans to want organic and complex lyricism in Hip-hop but damn, I just don't think they are ready for VON POE VII. I don't want to gas him up or seem like a fanboy that won't hop off his nuts but damn, it's just my honest opinion. Compare the knowledge and mythical references that Poetic Death makes to some of the biggest names in Hip-hop right now. No one comes close.

So what was the point of all of that? I don't know. It's just something that is on my mind while composing this blog. Maybe I'll look at this tomorrow and think that what I wrote is completely garbage or maybe my beliefs that I just stated will change. Maybe Poetic Death and others in Organized Threat will disagree with everything I just typed. And I'm okay with that, too.

I am FiascoTheGod and I am alive and prepared to present to you the latest Organized Threat news.

Razor & Sev

Razor contacted EmptySev via Twitter in order to obtain his email address. Razor tweeted "@sevenxempty what's your email fam? Got some new heat for you on my new project ;)". Sev of course responded and supplied him with his email. Let the organizing for a Razor and EmptySev track begin.

Blu Steel

Director Chad A. Marshall (Poetic Death), True Masterz (includes JMega The God), and producer MIGHGAWD all organize to bring to you their latest music video entitled Blu Steel.

EmptySev Faces The Chamber

My interview with EmptySev has been published to Street Khemistry. I designed the interview to focus on his upcoming album SevenEmpty which is scheduled to be released on May 3rd. Although it is what I expected, I appreciate the effort that EmptySev put into answering the questions. Organized Threat fans will really enjoy this interview because EmptySev provides juicy historical information on the project. So if you want to impress your friends with your knowledge of the album that hasn't even been released yet, make sure you check it out. Here is one question followed by the answer, from the interview:

4. Taking a close look at the coverart for this album, I noticed three 7’s in art. The first two are more obvious than the third. The position in which the female is holding the two swords, forms two 7’s. The third 7 which may not be so clear to point out is the way the female is positioned kneeling on the floor. Looking at her upside down, is the third 7. How does the depiction in the artwork properly represent the album that is Seven Empty?

Bro, that album cover holds some history. A couple years ago the homie started doing some modeling and would post her pictures up every once in a while, she had this one picture that was like the dopest shit to me. I meant to ask her if I could use it as artwork for a track I was gonna upload but always forgot to. Now a couple months ago we were just kickin it and I randomly just remembered she used to model and had a picture I liked, so she came over, we searched her laptop for that bitch, I found it, and that was that. I didn't know back then why I liked it so much but now it makes perfect sense, I'm so glad I didn't use it for a fuckin single. haha to be honest I never noticed that 3rd 7 you found, kudos to you. I usually just write 2 sevens on everything since the Sev in EmptySev is short for Seven and serves as the 3rd. so yea, I never looked past the two sword 7's. As far as what it represents, well, when you look it at the cover the first thing you'll probably notice is the light taking over most of the image, I like to think of this album as my first official "enlightened" manifesto. Followed by the naked girl sitting there quite peacefully, representing purity and naturalism. Then you have the swords, I've always been drawn to swords. They give the girl a sense of power, that edge that says "Don't fuck with me though" haha, you know? It sets the perfect mood for whatever I wanna say on this album.

Click here to read more.


Wrap Up

For those of you that have your Spring break coming to an end, I am a glad to have it concluded with my latest OGT Weekly as well as my interview with EmptySev. After you take a second and third look at the blog in order to absorb my thoughts and the latest OGT news, consider me, FiascoTheGod, your savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment