Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Wisdom Wednesday

HELLO OGT FANS AND FANATICS, FRIENDS AND FOES !

Today is a very exciting day, my minions. Today I will travel to New York for the first time in my life. Truth be told, I haven't been farther east than Oklahoma (go figure), so to go as far as the East Coast will definitely be an enlightening experience for me. As some of you may already know, VONPOEVII, PAPAJ RUIZ, JOOGY JUGG and I will be traveling there to film some powerful visuals to accompany their poetry. To unveil exactly what videos we'll be filming, however, is out of my jurisdiction. After previous filming excursions though, I have formed somewhat of an idea of what our trip together will entail. Let me tell you something, the work burns their blood hot and once they've caught on fire they are in-extinguishable. I sometimes wonder if the word 'vacation' actually exists within their vocabulary, but then I remember that if one falls madly in love with one's work, 'work' is actually the word that their dictionaries exile. Simply put, I take the act of writing this blog the exact same way; its more of a meditative process rather than merely a project I've taken on. I breathe life into my words, or I at least attempt to, and by doing so I believe I've been able to associate the act quite unconventionally compared to how one normally associates a 'job'. And again, we find that it can all be traced back to perception; to the individual being responsible for what their 'work' necessarily entails. Some people actually call picking up after themselves 'work' in the same way people in sweat shops 'work'. But we find the meaning here is ambiguous; The meaning is unique to the individual. It may be just me, but i'm sure some of you would agree that work shouldn't actually be work but instead simply expressing your fruitful passion - of course while getting paid to do it. *Jeez ASTER tell us how we can emulate them* Well, lovely reader, the answer is and always will be to look within yourself and figure out exactly what YOU love to do -Not what the owner of the restaurant you work in loves to do, not the cocksure boss you may have to answer to in the morning loves to do, not even what your partner loves to do. The philosopher Jean Paul Sartre once said that the only advice he could give to someone was "You're free, choose, that is, invent". What one loves must be uninfluenced, it must come from inside. Try it, what do we have to lose?

Here is, in my opinion, a perfect tweet to accompany the above paragraph, a tweet written by the one and only PAPA J RUIZ. Let your mind wander.

#ORGANIZEDTHREAT
Don't miss our very own YOUNG DEVOUR this weekend in the bright and beautiful city of LAS VEGAS!!! A pop up shop and meet n' greet will be held on Charelston blvd from 2-6pm June 1st! Follow the little birdy below for the full address and make sure to make you're way to the city of sin this weekend, and remember, what happens in Vegas doesn't necessarily stay in Vegas...especially when you bring back some great DEVOUR  merchandise! 
In case you missed that show last weekend featuring DEVOUR, RAZOR and DJ STARCHILD, please check out this action shot below! I see many satisfied fans and some satisfied artists! Follow the little birdy below for the latest updates from DEVOUR, RAZOR, and DJ STARCHILD.
Also, don't miss out on one of those signed copies of #ONLYGODZRELATE! VONPOEVII just announced that there are only 3 days left to reserve your copies nymphs and nymphettes! So either follow the little birdy below and get on that, or regret it for the rest of your life once you see where he will be in a few years. It's up to you to decide, lovely reader, though I know you'll make the right decision ;) #OGT 
And last but definitely not least, I recommend that ya'll keep your beedy little eyes on none other than THA F.O.R.M.U.L.A who is going to be releasing the project 'As Sound Travels' in #FALL2014 ! THA F.O.R.M.U.L.A is another artist who exemplifies the meaning of that LOYALTY, and because of this and many other reasons, I'm excited to see what he's got next for his fans. Follow the little birdy below for the latest and greatest THA F.O.R.M.U.L.A news and updates! 
Well Folks,
By this time 
tomorrow
i'll be in
New York.
Fare-the-well 
Little beauties
Until next

No comments:

Post a Comment