Monday, May 12, 2014

Documentary, Music, News, & More In Today's OGT Weekly

This is FiascoTheGod and I am alive to provide you with the latest Organized Threat news.

In last Monday's OGT Weekly I showed you guys a part of my paper that I wrote for a Literary Criticism class. It was on Poetic Death's track entitled Regret. I have received my paper back and I earned a B+. Here is another part of the paper.

--
“The baby becomes aware of its body only in bits and pieces [...] When the awareness of being separate comes, as it must if the individual is to move from nature to culture, the sense of unity with others and other objects is lost and, along with it, the sense of security that it provided. With the baby desiring a return to that earlier period of oneness  with the mother, its needs at this point turn into demands, specifically demands for  attention and love from another that will erase the separation that the baby knows; but such a reunion is not possible. One can never return” (Dobie 65-66).

Would you claim that the sense of yearning to hug your mother is an example of wanting to be back in that period of “oneness”? In the first verse of Regret, Poetic Death writes “And When My Mother Passes / Will I Ever Get To Hug Her” (19,21).  Pondering the thought of wanting to hug his mother is exemplary of what is defined by Dobie and Lacan as the mirror stage. Since Poetic Death knows that he can never return to that state of “oneness”, especially when she is not physically present on Earth, he hopes to do so spiritually in the afterlife. Could it be possible that if an afterlife does exist, that Poetic Death can actually go back to that state of “oneness”? Lacan does not touch on the afterlife so we are left to ponder that thought.
--

The first paragraph describes what the mirror stage is. In her book "Theory Into Practice: An Introduction to Literary Criticism" Ann B. Dobie assists in helping to describe what Lacan meant by the mirror stage. The second paragraph is the application of the mirror stage to Poetic Death's poem/track Regret.

Now we shall proceed to the news.

The Latest On Von Poe VII

Von Poe VII  has re-uploaded a 20 episode documentary on Youtube that he calls "L.I.F.E.". This documentary covers his life from 2011-2012. I have not watched it yet so I cannot yet comment on it. I should be able to watch it by my next OGT Weekly so I will be sure to provide my thoughts. Since I did not know about Organized Threat during those years, I am very pleased to be introduced to the earlier history of Von Poe VII and Organized Threat. It is of great interest of me to know as much about Organized Threat as possible. I am sure it is to you so click here to begin watching the documentary.

Informing us via Instagram, Von Poe VII tells us that he has finished designing the hard copies for "ONLY GODZ RELATE". Once he arrives at the halfway mark for the fundraiser he will begin to get them pressed. To donate to the fundraiser click here. Click here to view the Instagram photo.

Von Poe VII has been working with MC The Buttress and they have been creating a track together. A music video by the first week of June is also possible. To prove that I am no liar, click here for the official Facebook post by Von Poe VII.

New Music Soon From OGT Producer

Annnnnnnd that producer is...............THA F.O.R.M.U.L.A.! He tweeted "New Music coming soon..". So be prepared for new music....soon!

Shows Approaching For OGT Members

On May 16th Devour will be performing in San Bernardino, CA. To get the full details click here to gaze upon the official flyer.

Utilizing her Facebook account, Yarah Bravo keeps us updated on her upcoming shows. Being one of the overseas artists of OGT, these shows are indeed overseas. Click here to view when and where her upcoming shows are taking place.

What Kind Of Champ Are You? 

True Masterz (includes JMega The God) drops a new visual entitled "Microphone Champ". The visual is directed by Chad A. Marshall (Von Poe VII) and is produced by MighGawd. This is from their album "High Explosives Vol. 1".

Until Next Time

There is your latest Organized Threat news! Until next time! And while you are waiting until next time you can consider me, FiascoTheGod your savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment