Monday, May 5, 2014

See What's New With OGT

I am FiascoTheGod. The clown on top of the tree. The wind in your hair. The raisin in your cookie. And I am here to provide you with the latest Organized Threat news.

Befive we begin, I would like to reply to a question that was proposed by Aster in her last OGT Weekly. The question of if people deserve a second chance. My answer is yes. The reason I say yes is because I know that I would like a second chance at a multitude of things if the opportunity presented itself. Although you could, it's not reasonable to expect people to succeed the first time around. Do you succeed the first time around in everything you do? If not, then why would you expect someone else to? People do deserve a second chance.

Allow me to inform you guys about a paper I have written. Oh, you allowed me? Thank you very much. Today I handed in a paper for my Literary Criticism class. I had to apply two literary theories to a text. The text that I chose was "Regret" by Poetic Death. This paper was probably the most challenging paper I have ever written. Partly due to the fact that this class is difficult and I do not 100% understand the criticisms that I used for the paper. I am sure not all of you are familiar with literary criticisms, but the two I chose were Lacanian and Deconstruction. I am not confident at all with the paper I handed in today, but here is an excerpt of the paper that I think you guys will enjoy:

The mirror stage does not cease at the end of verse one. Lines 38 to 43 showcase the aspect of the mirror stage when the baby knows since it can no longer reunite with the mother, it needs to seek attention and love from others. In this case Poetic Death seeks support “Cause Life Could Be a Trip Without Support From Those Who Need You / I was Told To Overcome / I Had To Build My Own Foundation / That Could Out-stand / Even The Toughest Of Situations” (38-43). His own foundation turned out to be Organized Threat. Organized Threat is a movement of artists that seek unity. The members of Organized Threat show love and support for Poetic Death and in return he accepts it because he cannot go back to the period of “oneness”  with his mother.

Basically in that paragraph I claimed that the reason why Poetic Death created Organized Threat was because he was searching for support and love from others because he was aware that he could never return to the period of "oneness" with his mother. "Oneness" meaning in his mother's belly. That's pretty deep stuff right? If the paper receives a grade that I am satisfied with, I will share the rest of the paper with you all.

I am sure there are new Organized Threat fans reading this so just to let you know, "Regret" is one of Poe's older pieces of work. He has taken down the video but, you can read the lyrics and listen to the track on Rap Genius by clicking here.

SEVEN EMPTY

EmptySev released his album "SEVEN EMPTY" this weekend and it can be streamed and downloaded by clicking here. You can own it for free but, you can also show your support for this piece of art by contributing a few dollars. I've been praising "Bloody Sabre" ever since he leaked it before the album released and now after my first listen today, I am praising the thought provoking track "Believe You Me". Let me know what tracks you are feeling in your first few listens to "SEVEN EMPTY" by leaving a comment below.

Poe Shooting A Video For "Paradox". Rellim Where You At Booooooy?

Von Pon VII tweeted Rellim to let him know that if he is still in L.A. that he could come through to the video shoot for his newest track "Paradox" which is produced by Rellim. Rellim still hasn't replied to his tweet though. Will Rellim ever respond to Poetic Death? Or did he not want to make it public and they communicated privately? Is Rellim permanently in L.A.? Will I ever get to...never mind. So many questions. Only one OGT Weekly.

Poetic Death has informed us via Twitter that he will be dropping videos for both "ONLY GODZ RELATE" and "VON POE VII" every month. You can gaze upon the official tweet by clicking here.

80k Or Nah?

Papa J. Ruiz challenges you guys to help get his video "Bout iiiT" to 80k views on the Youtube. Can we do this or nah?....Yah! We can so click here to view the video and share it with a couple of friends! Or if you just made a new enemy, show them this video so you guys can stop beefing and be friends! Yes to more friends!

That Concludes Tonight's Episode 

There is your latest Organized Threat news composed by me, FiascoTheGod. Remember, read the blog at least one more time to absorb all this new information. Pass along the news. Show someone new to Organized Threat and start them off with this blog. Befive you enter into a slumber, consider me your savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment