Friday, March 14, 2014

Aural Appetite

Hello everyone! Here we are once again; it's Friday. Last time you heard from me, I was 27, but now I am 28 (as of Monday). Not that it matters, because it feels exactly the same, haha. It's so good to be here in life, though. Healthy (for the most part), happy, and happening. Anyway, the camp has been up to quite a bit this week, as you have already seen in the posts from Aster and FiascoTheGod. Here's what's new!

POETIC DEATH: From now until March 23rd, Poe's video services are open to the public (that's right, anyone outside of the OgT camp) for a $500 special. However, it's only open to THREE acts, so if you're interested, make sure you hit him up via email as soon as possible to secure a spot (check here for more info).

RICS RUMBLE: On March 10th, Rics Rumble unleashed the music video for the "Hold My Tongue" remix featuring Mack The Shark, Razor, Jasson C, and Foxsta. Turn the volume up. You can either watch the music video in full here or click play on the mini player below. Also, if you missed the original video, go ahead and watch that, too.


SOULCAT E-PHIFE: If you've been missing that Soulcat E-Phife goodness lately, she has recently shared some fresh stuff to satisfy that aural appetite! She released a brand new track on March 11th, called "Always See Another Day". Over upbeat, dusty drums and rich piano notes, she poetically raps about a beautiful love and longing to see a certain someone again. It's a good song, so make sure that you stream and download it now. Also, yesterday, she performed with a live band for Klub Bahö at Cafe Leopold in Vienna, Austria. She posted video that features original footage from her rehearsal with The Backing Beatz for the event.

EMPTY SEV: To coincide with his forthcoming album Seven Empty, Empty Sev had stickers made and is ready to throw them your way to slap around your neighborhood, on your personal belongings, or wherever else you see fit. Hit up his email (blackdeyemond@gmail.com) if you want him to mail you some for free! You know you love stickers!

YARAH BRAVO: As you may already know, April 30th will be the date for Yarah Bravo's self-titled EP release party. Well earlier today, she told us all about how she spent the whole night and morning in the studio, where she recorded, edited, mixed, and exported 4 new songs. Commence excitement! "I feel like a vampire. I opened the door and it hurt my eyes, hahaha. I was straight up buzzing with myself, the AKG, the equipment, and a cat, meaaaooow," she said. She proceeded to thank everyone in her life, those that she works with, everyone that supports and looks out for her, and, most importantly, she thanks herself.

"You know what…i'm gonna thank myself too. For living my dreams, despite the obstacles in this world. For nourishing my talents, and not being afraid to grow with them, and see where they take me. Many people find it easier to ignore the heart when it talks. I knew from a young age, not that i necessarily was gonna make music, but i knew i wanted to live a creative life, on my own terms. School was interesting, especially since i mostly went to the classes that stimulated my creativity. the rest of the time i was just in love with Hip Hop and everything it brought to me. That it was hip hop in end that opened the door and showed me the world, is quite cool to me!! u knooooow. I GIVE THANKS. Humble Greetings, Enjoy the weekend. - Yarah"

FEGGY MIN: Feggy hasn't been posting too much this week, but she did share her most recent illustration a couple of days ago. It features the boys of the Korean hip hop/R&B band TROY (see here).

THREAT THROWBACKS: Since I keep seeing members of the camp post old school pictures with each other, I thought I'd dedicate a little standing section for my posts featuring some of them. This week, Vida took part in Throwback Thursday, and she posted up a couple of photos from a few years ago that show her and Poe hanging out (I'm guessing that they were taken when some DeathKillz videos were filmed--speaking of, it'd be dope to see them collaborating in this form again). Take a look at this one (from 2011) and this one. Today, Papa J posted a photo that was taken last summer in Switzerland, while on tour with Poetic Death and Gavlyn (look here).

-------------------------------
That's about it!
Until next time...
Go, get your freak threat on!
XOXO, Tiffology

No comments:

Post a Comment