Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Conversations W/ POE "So what would you like to do?"

HELLO OGT FANS AND FANATICS, FRIENDS AND FOES !

"So what would you like to do?" Mr. Ern Dogg asked VONPOEVII as we sat beneath the setting sun on the back porch of Soul Assassins Studios this recent cool Sunday afternoon, our energies shuffling across the mosaic table along with the playful breeze. My mouth was on the floor and my ears alert more than ever before, yet not simply due to the circumstance, but by the lesson behind the story Mr. Ern Dogg articulated to introduce the question. He told us a story about opportunities and the importance of not taking them for granted, the significance of a productive balance between confidence and Ego, and about pushing forward responsibly. I was the bystander of exchange between sage and student, which to me is essentially priceless. Usually when I'm witness to networking exchanges or business collabs as such, its as if I'm showing up to a soccer game ready to play with a tennis racket and one of those fancy sweaters. As some of you may know, I grew up singing country music and playing Mandolin in a small minded city; the most conservative-concentrated area in the San Joaquin Valley in fact. So, growing up I was largely sheltered by that stupid geographical circumstance, ignorant to a lot wonderful things I never knew existed. And when I found out how much I was missing out on, variations of knowledge and wisdom I(now of age) was letting slip by me, I was beyond resentful. After understanding that there are just some things in life one can't control, I decided I would do everything that I could with what I could control, and learn everything I could through the resources available to me. Hip-Hop culture being one of those wonderful things I never knew existed; I take a lot from these specific interactions between sage and student. I'm blessed to say its something I'm able to relate to, something that I feel that is larger than myself. And every week I learn something new about myself from these OGT blogs I present to you beautiful freaks and geeks; an opportunity that I was given that has now morphed into a philanthropic responsibility. My point being - do everything you can with the opportunities you are given no matter how large or small, and listen carefully to the wisdom passed down from those who left the footprints you now tread. That being said - keep your three eyes open for something very special from Mr. Ern Dogg and the ORGANIZED THREAT Movement. For now, remind yourselves of how fucking awesome 'THE REIGN OF VII' is. Vibe out and let the HUMP DAY soak in. You're welcome nymphs and nymphettes, you can thank me later.

MEANWHILE - BACK AT THE WESTERN FRONT 

#BREAKINGNEWS: RICS RUMBLE just released some new vocals titled 'SupeRics'. Spit over Eminem's Superman instrumental (My personal favorite of Eminem's work), RICS performs this one with an infectious motivation and a bit of a power flex. See for yourself freaks and geeks, as I have so generously supplied the poetry below. Keep your focus on this one cats, stay tuned for weekly updates and chances to support your local OGT fam!
#BREAKINGNEWS: BONNIE BLUE recently announced that she and RICS RUMBLE will be performing TONIGHT at The Jumping Turtle in San Marcos CA. These two always be killin it together, so I deem this a-show-not-to-miss. Follow the little tweety below for more details fellas and fellattes, and be sure to support this deadly duo! #OGT 
#BREAINGNEWS: PAPAJ RUIZ recently announced that he has a new project in the works that has yet to be titled, but is set to release late 2014 to early 2015. Keep your eyes, ears, and minds open for weekly PAPAJ RUIZ and 'iii' news and updates. Follow the little tweety below for more information! 
Also, our own FIASCOTHEGOD announced previously that miss BONNIE BLUE leaked a new performance of some new poetry titled 'On The Edge', which is set to be released this Friday with the rest of her much anticipated album 'All Things Considered'. If you were at all wondering what that sounded like, wonder no more little ones because we now have some visuals for that performance. Behold - Bonnie Blue's 'On The Edge'. Vibe out, sit back, and enjoy. Follow the little tweety below for the latest BONNIE BLUE news and upcoming events.
For all you freaks and geeks overseas, Miss GAV has a show tomorrow in Sala CopĂ©rnico , Madrid. Shes been rocking the Modest Confidence tour since the end of January, and is still grinding out there. She goes on stage at 9pm, so if you're in the area, snag your tickets and show your OGT fam some love! #Gavlyn #OGT
Lastly, but not leastly, today is our very own DEVOUR'S born day. Don't forget to show some love and wish your OGT fam a blessed day. After everything he has been through this year, I'm sure today is a very beautiful day for him. HAPPY BORN DAY DEVOUR  !
Well, you freaks
THAT'S ALL, for this week
Stay NA$TY little ones
LOVE

2 comments: