Monday, February 17, 2014

OGT Weekly 2/17/14

 This is FiascoTheGod and here is the latest scoop on Organized Threat.

Out of all social media sites, Twitter is my favorite and I utilize it the most. From showing love to my personal friends, to posting my blogs, expressing my opinions, and when I see an opportunity to add my input on someones tweet, I do so. One thing I very rarely do is quote lines from Organized Threat MCs. There have been many times that I've wanted to but I haven't. It's for the simple reason that I do not want to seem like a "dick riding" fan. That's one thing I am afraid of doing and I am in a vulnerable position where almost every Organized Threat member follows me on Twitter. I probably already seem like a Lupe Fiasco one because I go by the name FiascoTheGod. I might as well make it clear now, that I am not saying Lupe Fiasco is a God, I am saying I am Fiasco, and I am a God. As much as I want to live my life not worrying about what people think, when it comes to artists that I like and actually blog for it's completely different. I look up to and support these group of men and women and for them to look at me in a negative light, would just suck. I want to say Poetic Death has stated that he doesn't want any dick riding fans but I would really hate to misquote him in this situation but, I do remember him stating on Twitter that he wants intellectual fans, fans who do their research etc. I bring this up because Saturday night I went out to celebrate my boys birthday and we took a picture (which can be viewed by clicking here) and I threw up the #VII that Poetic Death does in his latest visual The Reign Of VII. Of course I didn't think any of it at the time because I may or may not have been intoxicated but, when I woke up the next morning and saw the picture, I regretted it. Although I would support any other fan doing it, and I really feel Organized Threat fans should start doing it to show support, I felt stupid just because in some shape or form I am associated with Organized Threat because I blog for them. And as I am getting deeper into this venting I realize that it is stupid for me to even worry about that when there are bigger things to worry about but, dammit! Fudge it, I'm going to keep throwing up the #VII. :)

Interview With Endure One

My interview with Endure One is up on StreetKhemistry.com. The objective of the interview was to obtain insight on the tape that the Organized Threat producers have put together entitled Threatstrumentals. The interview is a 5 question interview format and I really enjoyed the answers that Endure One provided. There is also a bonus question at the end to let us know what Endure One has planned for this year. You can check out our interview by clicking here. Remember, Threatstrumentals will be released on February 24th.

CONGRATS TO THA F.O.R.M.U.L.A.

THA F.O.R.M.U.L.A. just inked a deal with Music of the Sea! This deal gives him the opportunity for his music to be placed on tv, films, and ads. Congrats bro and make that money flow! You can view a picture of him signing the contract by clicking here.

New Sounds

Faces has just recently uploaded to new sounds to his soundcloud. The first is entitled "C.R.E.A.M.". It starts off very well and I was slowly getting into it but that process sped up at the 39 second mark when the voice samples started to drop. That's when I was really into it. Noticing the title of the track you may know what to expect to hear in the voice samples. Now we transition into a dedication song from Faces to his friend Dustyn, who is no longer with us. I feel this is one of those things you just don't comment on but I thought it was important to let you know that this sound does exist. You can listen to the track entitled "For D-Fro (R.I.P.)" by clicking here.

Rellim has posted a new beat to TrakTrain. It is entitled "Water The Garden" and you can lease it for $25 or exclusively for $100. You can do so by clicking here.

Words With Poe, Six For Sev

Poetic Death is giving out "Free Fades" on the Words With Friends app so add his username "VonPoeVii". He also confirms that he will be releasing a new visual on March 7th. If you don't believe me read his tweet by clicking here.

EmptySev tweeted that he has new verses, "Pumped out around 6 verses today.. feel accomplished as fuck. Time for mini celebration". Although we don't know when these verses come out and even when they do, we won't know that they were the ones being tweeted about in that tweet, it's great to know that EmptySev was able to do something that he feels proud about. I hope he was able to enjoy his mini celebration as well.

Don't Fourget

1. News: Poetic Death Will Release ONLY GODZ RELATE on April 13, 2014
2. Album: Bonnie Blue All Things Considered
3. Video: Vida Killz Death To Honesty
4. Video: Razor Sharper Than My Name

I Know U Did

I know you guys enjoyed my OGT Weekly today so consider me, FiascoTheGod, your savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment