Thursday, December 17, 2015

Goodbye 2015

Hey, readers! This is the last post of the year, can you fucking believe it?! The next time we will see you will be when Fiasco kicks off TWO-THOUSAND-SIXTEEN with a first-of-the-year post, which will probably be a glorious one, because all sorts of new things will have happened and there will be updates to be shared! That said, I know I was supposed to get this to you earlier, but I just got my (first ever) prescription glasses today (err, uhh, yesterday since this is getting posted at midnight) and it was a big deal. You see, I'm officially 'bout that glasses life now, because my vision has went to the dark side and I needed the force of glasses to show me the way again (Star Wars reference for the win). So yeah, I've been in amazement and shock at how much more clearer I can see, and just totally abandoned ship on posting this entry... until now. Anyway, let's get to it.

VON POE VII / POETIC DEATH:

"I want everyone to know that the project is just about finished, and that I appreciate everyone's patience with me as I lay down the final pieces to this creation." - Von Poe VII

You should all know this by now (I mean, if you're actively following Von Poe's movement), but he is in the process of a total do-over with his The Purity of Love and War album. He took down the music videos that he previously released from the album, as well as the project itself, to film and direct new scenes in his upgraded filming techniques and editing styles. Recently, he has re-released the visual to "American Ultra" and, of course, we get to see those gorgeous aerial shots that he has shown in a handful of his latest music videos. While we anxiously await the album to come out again (with new songs and reworks of the originals), go ahead and watch his newest music video below. Go directly to Youtube to watch it in HD, or click PLAY in the mini player below. Do it... do it now.


If you aren't already signed up to his newsletter, you should get on that AS SOON AS POSSIBLE via his website. That way, you can get updates from him straight to your email (they're weekly updates), just in case you don't happen to see it on Facebook (because Facebook doesn't like to show fans everything the artist they like posts, unless said artist pays to connect with their fans... so wack). That said, in one of his newsletters he talked about to new endeavors:
"I would also like to speak on two specific endeavors I will be bringing back to the forefront, the first being my film photography. For a long time now, I've had the opportunity to display more of my talents beyond just music, and I feel I owe it to myself to not put myself into this box that I've been living in these last few years. I want to connect with you all in a different way, and learn as much as possible about the people who listen to my music.

The second thing I'd like to speak about is music videos, and which ones will be my main focus during the year of 2016. For the past few years I've never truly been able to dedicate any time to quality videos for myself. Reason being, is that I was too busy focusing everyone else around, and making sure they themselves were receiving the quality videos that I felt they deserved. As enjoyable as that experience was, in doing so, I did a great dis-service to my own listeners. I want to apologize for that, and let you all know that 2016 will not be approached with that same mentality. The goal is to have a video for every track off of TPOLAW completed and released, as well as a few other things (i will speak on later) by December of next year. The project itself is 30 songs, so you can imagine I plan on being pretty busy. I'm okay with this haha.
"

While on the topic of him DOING HIM this time around, he has a grip of new TPOLAW merch that he's pushing. To help campaign for the re-release of his album (aside from hyping it up with these new visuals and shit), he is selling stickers, baby clothes (up to 2 years), sweaters, hoodies, long and short-sleeve shirts, and tank tops. The run for those is limited, though, and it will end on January 3rd, 2016. So, if you want to obtain any of those items, you better do it with the quickness. Just go to his website, click on the "MERCH" tab towards the bottom, and it will lead you to the link to make your purchase(s).

TPOLAW: As I've stated before, 2016 (for me) will be focused on pushing TPOLAW (The Purity of Love and War). To help...

Posted by Chad A. Marshall on Sunday, December 13, 2015

To lead into talking about Papa J. Ruiz, we learned that he was over on the Westside, in California, kicking it with Poe this week.



PAPA J. RUIZ:

Like I had just mentioned in Poe's write-up, Papa J. was (or maybe he still is?) in California these past few days. He let us know by video that he stays working hard (video here); he stopped by a clothing shop to connect with some like-minded individuals (picture here); turns out that Papa J. is a big fan of John Lennon (video here); they channeled their inner Johnny Depp (Papa J. Ruiz) and Jimmy Hendrix (Von Poe VII), which you'll see in a shot below; they both went to B.RealTV, where Papa J. had a live interview with B-Real, on The Dr. Greenthumb Show (keep your eyes on this link or to Papa J's social media to catch when it gets updated with the stream of that, if you missed it); he chilled with fellow OGT head Vic Virtuoso (picture here or shown way below); he took a picture of Von Poe sleeping burrito style with the blanket and shared it on Twitter (picture here); and much more.

RUiiiZ DEPP × VII HENDRIXNever shut my eyes to Dream because you might shut your eyes and start to fall asleep on...

Posted by Papa J. Ruiz on Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Thank you so much to B.RealTV for having me. Spoke with B.Real for a moment very greatful.VONPOE WE KILLED IT

Posted by Papa J. Ruiz on Wednesday, December 16, 2015

He also has some new merch that you can get in on for a limited time. If you go to his website and click "MERCH", you'll be taken to a link where you will find hoodies, t-shirts, tanks, and long-sleeve shirts, with the "iii" logo on the front and "live free" on the back, available to purchase.

NEW iii MERCH:Hoodies- Blk&Greyshirts- Blk&WhiteLong sleeve- Blk&WhiteGo to MERCH on Papajruiz.com

Posted by Papa J. Ruiz on Wednesday, December 16, 2015

SOULCAT E. PHIFE:

In efforts to help launch Vienna's new all female hip hop club night, Soulcat recently had an interview with FEMME DMC. For those of you that don't know much about her, this is a good little intro into who she is, straight from her own mouth. In this 5-minute interview, she talks about her nickname, being from Dominican Republic and living in Vienna, hip hop and her musical style, and a little more. Towards the end, there's a live performance of sorts where she's kicking raps, so check it out!


JOOGY MUSIC:

In Fiasco's last post, he briefly talked about Joogy's new album, Out Of The Box. To catch you up, the 12-track project is a collection of songs that his has produced, which does a damn good job at showcasing his talent. First off, if you haven't listened to it (it's free, so what's holding you back?!), you need to go do that. Second, the eighth track on the project is by Papi Dollaz, called "Hands Up Can't Breathe", and the music video for that song dropped late last month, which wasn't previously shared on the blog. Produced by Joogy Music (I like the beat, yo!), the song is a conscious effort that speaks on police brutality and standing up one's rights, that's not only inspired by the on-going social injustices that we see globally, but it's a song that hits close to their home in Denver. In the video, you'll also see cameos from Joogy and Papa J. Ruiz. Watch the video below, or go to Youtube to watch it in HD.


VIC VIRTUOSO:

As I said in the write-up about Papa J. Ruiz, he and Vic finally met and kicked it. It was said that they are building and will be making music together in the not-too-distant future!

Late Nights with low eyes don't mean you stop working baby you just keep on going.S/o Chad A. Marshall for connecting...

Posted by Papa J. Ruiz on Thursday, December 17, 2015

Aside from releasing his Victor Van Gogh album last month (anybody else wish it were available to stream on Bandcamp or some shit, so we could listen before we buy... or is that just me?), the very latest from Vic is a self-produced track, called "Bad Wolf", for a rapper named Sticky Ricky. The beat is led by a repetitive line of keys, a severe snare slap, and an eerie element, while Sticky Ricky, Suave, and Vic Virtuoso each spit beastly bars. It's a dope song, so stream that song below.



Lastly, Vic Virtuoso will be at BELLY OF THE BEATS today (December 18th), in Los Angeles. It's a 16-man beat battle that's going down at M Bar, and it will also feature an opening performance from Vic Virtuoso and several other acts. Check out this FACEBOOK EVENT for more information.

Next Friday. Come vibe out

A photo posted by Victor Morales|Victor Van Gogh (@vic_virtuoso) on



-------------------------
That's it, folks!
I hope I was able to connect the dots for you
on what's been up with the crew since the last entry.
Happy holidays and happy new year to you.
See you in 2016!
XOXO, TIFFOLOGY

No comments:

Post a Comment